The New Year Begins
Happy New Year Chicago,
I plan to do a better job this year of blogging. This will require making time for me and less time for the regular job in the wee hours of the night. One thing I will focus on heavily is 1st Congressional candidates in the State of Illinois. I waited too late to put my hat in the arena (my wife is ever grateful of this oversight). We are in for a wild ride with non-contested tax increases by our wonderful mayor and Cook County Board President.
As we unwrap 2016 there’s a lot each of us desire to accomplish. I’ve already spoken about my Mastermind 2015 session that helped me do one primary thing and that is to learn to believe in me. I was charged to walk in the “Faith” that I say I believe which also put in the forefront of my walk with the Lord. Yes, I’m a Christian, one of the obvious traits many people who know me respect and also challenge when I get into “Hulk Smash” mode. This year I will embark on a Landmark journey, thanks to my gracious and awesome boss (he hates being called that).
So, accountability for 2016, I’ll put myself out there:
- Get the book done. I’ve been editing a lot before sending it up the chain and I’ll continue to do so.
- Learn something new in technology. No more “I’m too old to grasp this or that…math is beyond my scope of reach….” I’m in get it done mode. As a brother in the faith described…push your capacity (Dr. Allmon)
- Laugh Laugh Laugh. I am often criticized for being overly serious. What can I say; it’s true.
- I’m not sure on the pursuit of a bachelors degree. It’s still on the table and need to master a serious plan for life-balance as I look at my vision board and update it.
- Discuss the hard stuff. My friend Desiree is a master of this technique. There are certain conversations I avoided in social media but after the recent ruling on the “Tamir Rice” – Wiki Quote case in Ohio, silence about social issues, white privilege, black on black crime and politics is no longer an option.
- Be the voice of the people as a poetic-revolution and dynamic mentor.
- Know more about my history, my ancestral background, and all things of African descent. This is more of a Black History 365 and a full time life journey.
Well, that’s all for now. Let me know what you’d like to talk about. I will do my best to be informed on all issues I bring to the table and I’m sure you’ll rip me a new one if I’m not. Let’s take the block, then the community, then the city, then the state, then the country and then the world and I’ll try not to use “then” so consecutively.
Happy New Year
About The EndurerTony Briscoe is a spoken word artist and coach, a youth minister and mentor. He also does life poetic expression production for people that don't have a voice and desire to be heard. He was born and raised in Chicago and lives to serve young people, adults suffering from childhood pain, and a serious passion for God's daughters. He is....The Endurer.
|Kells The Artist on Kells the Artist: An Epic Jour…|
|The Endurer on Frozen|
|Gary Barnard Dotson on Frozen|
|The Endurer on 7 Years…Part I|
|Gary Barnard Dotson on 7 Years…Part I|
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015